Parents and Athletes
I understand the Youth Target Foundation Members’ first and foremost priority is safety and that being a part of this program is a privilege. We will work as a team (parent and child) to respect the YTF’s safety standards at all times. I will behave as positive role models, act responsibly, practice good sportsmanship, respect the mission of YTF, encourage and support my teammates to participate in a positive manner. I agree to stay off the shooting field unless we are designated to be on the field.
I will not criticize other shooters, coaches, parents or volunteers. We will not use abusive language, or consume alcohol, tobacco or drugs before or during all YTF activities. I understand that any unsportsmanlike behavior will result in me being asked to leave the area or event. Such actions on my part could also result in my child or the athlete being suspended, disqualified from an event or even removed from the YTF.
YTF has a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY.
I understand and agree to follow the YTF Code of Honor:
1. I will not UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TAKE ANY FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION TO, IN AND/OR AROUND ANY SCHOOL OR ANY SCHOOL FUNCTIONS OR SCHOOL PROPERTIES.
2. I know, understand and will follow the 4 Basic Firearm Rules.
3. I will not load more than two shells in my gun at a time!
4. I will not load until in designated shooting positon!
5. Actions must be open and showing open when not in use; over and under shotguns need to be broken open.
6. Barrels need to be up or down range, over and under muzzles need to be carried in front of the body, not over the shoulder pointing behind you.
7. Range etiquette- No cell phones, cheering or loud talking on range. I will put my gun on the rack when not in use.
8. Respect other shooters safety and space.
9. Respect trapper or puller.
10. Know range rules. Verify rules when you check in. Rules may vary per location.
11. You are personally responsible for Golf Carts.
12. All equipment is treated with respect and safety at all times – ON OR OFF THE RANGE.
13. DRESS CODE-Long pants or knee length shorts; No skirts, Shirt must have sleeves, no tank tops; close toes shoes; shooting vests or shell bag/pouch requir
ed; ear and eye protection mandatory.
14. Respect and listen when a coach or staff is talking, instructing or coaching. No laughing, giggling or goofing off during practice or competition.
15. I will not use drugs, alcohol or tobacco products and I will be a good representative of my perspective. Competitive Shooting Team and the Youth Target Foundation.
16. I will not start, engage in or partake in any fighting of any sort — live or online.
17. I will not gossip about, make fun of or tease any of my teammates.
18. Honesty and integrity is required at all times. I will not steal, cheat or lie.
19. We will leave our area, range or facility better than when we found it.
20. I will follow YTF’s rules and code of ethics and any additional rules my team sets forth in the by-laws, policies or procedures.
YTF Virtual Elite Challenge